Sunday, May 23, 2010

Back to Blogging...

asalamoalaikum,
Yeah, hard to believe that its been three years since I last blogged (here that is).
These three years were hardcore facebooking, mafia war-ing, Yo-ville ing, farmville-ing ... and a gazillion other things ... (read wasting my time).
It is very distressing to realize, when you look back, at your mistakes, and wonder, what took me so long to realize all this. Worse thing is that I made so many others do the same thing. Now that is scary. Setting off a chain reaction (for a not-so-good thing) ...
Well, if you want to carry on, I'd just want to say that now I'd like to let go of facebook. I don't want to regret this decision, I know I did not regret giving up Mafia Wars - but it took me a while to get to that point. I had to remove more than 800 friends on facebook. Yeah, I had about 1000+ people and I had to read all the stuff they were posting... their quiz results, and what not. It ended up with me blocking every other application out there, just to make sure I get to see those people whom I wanted to be in contact with.
Now - for more current things. I want to stay connected to facebook, but honestly speaking, is it worth it? Let me list the good points first - I get to read status info of my family and friends, I get to see their pictures, I get to see the links and information that they share and vice versa, but wait? Is it helping me or them at all?
Another thing, I am now in touch with my primary school friends, my middle school friends and my high school friends and my college, university and office colleagues, but out of all these, how many had actually remained in touch with me before facebook (actually all who wanted to, could and did).
orkut was another story, but then policing people over what they post and dont post got to be another big responsibility but on the plus side, I did make some really good friends :)
I dont want to go into why I want to leave facebook - it is just something I want for myself. Still, it is something I DO want to do.
more later,
be good.

1 comment:

Erum said...

Just because some of your school friends lost touch with you does not mean they do not want to keep in touch with you now.

I hope you do not leave face book altogether ... I really look forward to all the hadis you put up. There have been a few times I have asked Allah for answers and there they were in your status. It is truly amazing the way he sometimes answers people. So that has to count for something. Spread His word wherever you can and touch people's live whenever you can.

So do not give up on this because you think it makes no difference to anyone.