Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Direction Check

asalam alaikum
      Sometimes, when you have been doing something for a long time (like a long long drive) or sticking to a routine, it is very possible that you verve a little and sway a bit from where you are meant to be going. A little distraction can have you going in the other lane or even taking a wrong turn or missing your exit altogether.
      So it is crucial to keep your destination in mind and keep checking where you are headed from time to time, just as a reminder. A wrong turn or missed exit might lead to loss of time, loss of effort and a lot of nuisance.
     So lets check ourselves ...

     We all humans are here on this Earth, living our lives. We are all passengers, en route to our death. It is this journey and the direction you take that will determine how death and eventually the after life will be. As per my faith, I believe in the HereAfter and that I am responsible for the time, energy, resources, skills and all that, that I have been given (which again are not my own) and how I use them and how I determine my path. I will be held accountable for every single item, down to a minuscule bit and down to a single second.

     We are directed towards death and ultimately will meet our Creator, Allah, subhanahu wa taala. Allah is the Creator of each and everything, as small as whatever science has discovered today and even smaller than that, which we are not even aware of up to as large as this universe and even larger things, creatures, beings, that we are not even aware of.
 
      When Allah is the Creator, Ruler, Master of everything, what is the significance of my life in this whole huge universe, what is the significance of my actions, of my words, and of how I choose to lead my life? What does He, my Creator and my Sustainer, want from me? But more importantly, what do I want from Him?

       I wanted everything, in this life and in the Hereafter! Dont you? This was the direction I was going towards, but I was corrected the other day alhamdolillah.

        Our purpose is to make His want our want, His marzi our marzi and for us to become His in all sense of the word. If we are directed towards Allah, we have to do things the way He wants us to. It will be totally insane to go towards the King, the President, the Boss, the whose-ever-you-look-to, when you know he is watching your every move, and doing/saying things that you know he doesnt like and not doing/saying things that you know he likes and then expect them to be kind to you and give you a pat on the back and listen to your requests and then fulfill them also. I don't want to be this insane, do you?

        If you become Allah's, then Allah promises (the promise of the Creator who never breaks His promise) you success and ultimate victory, that no one can take away from you, even if everyone combines against you, they all couldn't defeat you. If you choose not to, then Allah doesn't care also. He will leave you and even with the support of everything and everyone you will loose because Allah will not be yours.

        All that is living will eventually die - my life is with an expiry date, bundled into my destiny that will not change. What I make of my destiny and how I choose to reach it is in my hands, I have the will and the freedom to choose it, the steering wheel is in my hands.

        If I submit to Allah now, He will become the eyes that I see from, the ears that I listen from, the hands I do things with and the legs that carry me forward. Once this happens, Allah will not let me make any misjudgment, no veering from the right path, no mistakes, this path of Hidayah that leads to Allah. InshaAllah.

Become Allah's. If you really want it, He will make it easy for you and guide you on every step with each breath all the way. Maasalama.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Assalamualikum.......... lovely blog