Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Quaranteened

asalam alaikum
        Been away again, but this time, it wasn't laziness, it was fever.
        My daughter had fever on Friday and Saturday and Sunday. Sunday was my final, and alhamdolillah, it went really well. Back in school, I was so happy and feeling amazing light and all. Picked up my daughter and we had lunch and then she had fever again, pretty high. I went up to the school nurse to get her some fever medication. Nurse looked at her and took her temperature which was 39.8 (ouch) and gave her some orange syrup. Withen 2 minutes, the fever was gone. I was asked to keep her away from school, till she goes without medication and fever for 24 hours, but Monday was the PTA elections :( and her early morning water fun session.
        Monday morning, up and away. She didnt have fever so we all went to school, I dropped her in class and told her teacher i will be back in 20 minutes in time for the water fun and came to the PTA room. Nurse called me and said your child is with us and what did the doctor say about her, I told her I will be right over. Off to the nurse I go and found my daughter sobbing a bit - I was told, she needs to go see a doctor right away. 
        Fast forward to the doctor and on the way, she saw all her grade splashing away in the football field playing with the sprinklers - What fun! *sigh*
        Doctor asked about her vaccinations and told us she had viral fever and needs rest. Plus she was getting a rash :( and oh, keep her away from other children. We were thinking how to keep her away from our son and they both have to get on each other's nerves when at home.
        Back home and spiking fever struck again. The afternoon was a race to my hubby's office, dropping him home with my daughter and off to school for the PTA elections. They went smooth with the largest attendance we have had in 4 years. I quoted someone in my speech whom I didnt know was a Free Mason (argh!) so that was my YLSTNED (why listen) moment. This YLSTNED might get explained down the road - one of those days.
        Home again with my son wondering where is the rest of the family and why they werent there for the meeting. My husband later remarked that the timing was good, what with my classes finished, school year almost over and all. He doesnt know she had her concert on Thursday plus it is portfolio day when the students show their parents the best work they have done all through the year.
        We were home, both of us and it was like before when she wasn't going to school - Apart from her fever, which she slept off, we both had a bit of fun sleeping in, playing a fun game with calamine lotion where I pretended to do her makeup with it. I was just reminded of the time when being child I had measles. 
       Today in school, when I went to pick my son, my daughter's teacher told me that 5 of her class fellows are down with scarlet fever. All these were the ones she hung out with. Alhamdolillah, she doesnt have scarlet fever. Just looked it up on the net and the symptoms and all dont match. Still I will call family and confirm just in case. 
       This too shall pass. Toodle-doo!

No comments: