Saturday, March 03, 2007

Paey paey...


Okay, its been around a month now, since my daughter's first steps. I wasn't sure, as she wouldn't do it if we asked her to. It was only done when she knew I wasn't looking at first (when of course, I would from the corner of my eye), or for her brother only, and he would come running to me saying, she is walking and by the time, I'd turn to see her, she'd be happily crawling towards me... meaning, I played it cool, but she was being smug!
Then, she would take 4 to 5 steps and then plop down in my lap, and forget what all the fuss was about.
A week back, she got up in the middle of the night (one rare time, we all went to sleep early, as we were all supposed to leave the house at 6am), climble off the bed all on her own (her first time without freezing midway and crying her lungs out), crawled/walked (I dont know which) out of the room, messed up the entire shoe rack, and my son's books and toys and anything she could reach ... I had heard her crawl off and thought oh my husband put her down (and my husband thought the same thing), and slept waiting for her to come hold the bed and cry to be let up on the bed again.
After she had had her fun, and I think she was off practicing walking all on her own, and trying to see which shoe of mine was a better fit or tastes better (take your pick), also to see which storybook is worth tearing up or chewing... so after all this and more (which Im not aware of), she came back and cried to be pulled back up on the bed... and this was the time I told my husband, why did you put her off the bed and he said I though you did!
The second time she plopped down the bed, she plopped a bit too hard, but she was too proud to cry, as it was her own doing.
Now she is walking alhamdolillah, more than 10 steps at a time (we count each time) and talking at the same time... talking and walking at the same time makes her wobble a bit and she looks like a tot already... you know babies are more horizontal, tots are more vertical, so to say.
More updates on this later... be good!
TA!

1 comment:

The Duke said...

SO!!! Another dimension to this really serious problem.... I was thinking to myself that this was a well aimed post as people have to log on to the net to read it! Lets just be thankful to God your husband does not play Counter Strike....