Thursday, March 15, 2007

Play a prank: Coke (Diet) and Mentos

Ever since we saw this video about coke fountains using mentos, mentos seemed to have vanished from the market, AND I finally (read for the upteenth time) decided to stop having coke. Inshallah!
Anyhow, so I got some Sprite instead and that was in the house and my husband and I were experimenting making different drinks... on a latest trip to the grocery store, there were a few mentos on the shelf and I got them all.
Now, we were sitting having mentos and watching some movie (I guess it was Flushed Away), when I went to bring Sprite from the fridge and remembered that this is not a combo. My husband was like it was all a joke, and I was like no it isnt.
Khair, we decided to find out for ourselves. Into the kitchen, I took a glass and put some sprite in it (it was warm and most of the gas was already gone from it) and put in a mint mentos, and guess what... It just sat at the bottom and a few bubbles came out of it! Very disappointing, if you ask me, and it gave a chance to my husband to give me a TOLD YOU SO look.
So here is one prank that can be played, and my unsuspecting brother is going to be my victim (GIVEN the availibility of mentons and diet coke and his willingness to get me a glass like this guy in the video)... watch it.









No comments: